At True North, we continue to follow the current situation with the Coronavirus, and are working to update our related protocols. We are laser focused on providing the core therapeutic work in the field while taking responsible steps to ensure we are doing everything within our control to keep our students and staff safe and healthy. For our students, it is generally life as usual out in the field, although there are a few things that we have shifted in order to help reduce the risk of exposure:
- We have stopped all in-person group meetings between True North staff. Fortunately, we have an online video conferencing system that allows us to stay connected and the meetings can continue face to face without interruption. This includes our weekly administrative meeting as well as our weekly clinical meeting.
- Therapists will be going directly to the field to meet with students and then returning home. We are asking them to stay as close to that routine as possible. We are asking the same from our guides. Our overall effort is to have guides and therapists be the only people that our students have any interaction with. Generally, that is the case anyways, but we are being extra diligent with this.
- We have encouraged all other employees to work from home for all work that can be done there. Our office remains open, but we are keeping the space primarily for administrative staff to be there.
- Nicole, who is our amazing cleaning guru, will be cleaning office spaces following all visits from outside folks.
- Typically, our young adults and graduating adolescent students do service projects and go into the community for a variety of activities. We are postponing those activities for the time being. Students are still able to hike, go to our documentary film house, use our indoor field house for athletic activities etc… all located on campus. Physical activity is not slowing down.
- True North has a 2000 square foot warehouse that is well stocked with food and gear, but we are checking our inventory and talking to our suppliers to make sure we are in good shape.
Obviously, this is an unusual time and there is a lot that is changing day to day. Please know that we continue to pay close attention to the local, national, and worldwide resources to best inform us on steps to take and will continue to communicate additional changes happening here at True North.